Porterville College Foundation
Supporting PC to the best interest of students.
This community college is part of the community and the community is part of our college. Students and their welfare are our reason for being. Our goal is to be "the best small community college in California." Our students are diverse in gender, race, and age. I am very proud of our college extending the education of people in our community. We know the value of an associate degree or a certificate of completion or even a few selected classes. We help prepare people for the job market. You need to know that our graduates earn on average $500 more per month than their fellow high school graduates.
A very high percentage of our vocational graduates get good paying jobs. Many businesses send us their employees to update their office skills. The faculty is the foundation of any educational institution. They represent many disciplines and areas of preparation. The PC faculty work hard to teach a diverse group of students. They are a talented and enthusiastic group who demonstrate a love for teaching and learning. I have learned from our students that the faculty truly cares about student success. While they may be rigorous in the classroom, they do this to ensure our graduates are prepared for the next stage of living, learning, and working.
Our dedicated staff, counselors, and faculty will take personal interest in your success. Community members and alum together have contributed to award over $185,000 per year in scholarships. We welcome you to the PC campus. Do give the Foundation Office a call to arrange a personalized tour.
The Porterville College Foundation will support Porterville College in developing activities, programs and facilities to the best interest of students; will actively solicit gifts, bequests and other income; and will demonstrate prudent fiduciary responsibility in the administration of those funds.
Hall of Fame
We will accept nominations until January 3, 2014.
Selection Criteria should include the following:
- The nominee has achieved a high level of success in his or her professional career.
- The nominee has demonstrated outstanding involvement and leadership at both PC and within their community.
- In order to be eligible for this award, five years must have passed since the nominee attended Porterville College.
- The nominee must have successfully completed 24 units at PC. The majority of the units completed should be in general education, major or certificate courses.
- The nominee may not nominate themselves.
- All nominations must be submitted using the proper Athletic or Alumni form.
Mail all nominations to PC Foundation, Attn: Alumni Hall of Fame, 100 E. College Ave, Porterville, CA 93257. For more information call Carol Bodine, Foundation Secretary at (559) 791-2319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: